Website Casella Construction, Inc.
New England’s Leading Heavy Construction Firm
Casella Construction, Inc. (CCI) is a civil site contractor based in Mendon, Vermont. Average project size ranges from 1 million to 5 million dollars in value. Typical projects involve public and private construction and include heavy highway construction, landfill cell construction, building site work, sport field construction, and water and sewer line construction. We work in Vermont, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and upstate New York. The owners continually reinvested in the company to provide the best equipment for the job. We utilize the latest in technology to help make our jobs more efficient.
Provide engineering and professional support for large earthwork and site development projects. Typical responsibilities include:
- Use AutoCAD Civil 3D and Topcon 3D Office and Trimble Business Center to create job files on all CCI projects (surfaces, line work, and points files). Manage all of those files on CCI’s equipment (Rover and GPS Automated Equipment) and be accountable for accuracy and distribution of those files.
- Setup up and/or verify project control on all CCI projects.
- Perform survey and layout for construction activities on projects as needed using GPS and Total Stations.
- Collect and generate as built information and drawings.
- Assist in interpret plans and specifications for field personnel.
- Measure quantities for take-offs and payment.
- Assist in setup and maintenance of fleet of five GPS equipment (assist in mobilizing and demobilizing of GPS equipment, setting up GPS base stations, calibration of dozers, import 3d surface files in the dozers, and provide technical support to the operators).
Potential for further career advancement is available for the right candidate and additional duties may include the following:
- Requesting quotes from vendors, reviewing quotes for accuracy, and any other task necessary for developing a complete proposal.
- Handle material submittals and shop drawings to ensure accuracy and compliance with project requirements.
- Assisting in developing bids and change order proposals throughout the year for additional work.
- Edit drawings and create 3D models for equipment automation.
- 3 years minimum of construction experience
- RTK GPS Experience
- Total Station Experience
- Self starter, professional, and motivated individual
- 2 year engineering degree or related experience in surveying and construction layout
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Microsoft Office experience
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Driver License
- 401k with company match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
To apply online, click the button below, or:
— Casella Construction Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.—
To apply for this job please visit www.casellainc.com.