Casella Construction, Inc.
New England’s Leading Heavy Construction Firm
The Service Manager is responsible ensuring the smooth operation of truck and heavy equipment maintenance of a fleet of over 200 machines. The Service Manager oversees the day-to-day allocation of resources and staff for two maintenance shops and at field locations around New England. The Service Manager manages a team of a dozen+ mechanics and coordinates daily with the Casella Construction Resource Center.
The Service Manager plays a key role in Casella Construction’s strategy to be industry-leading in all we do by upholding consistently efficient, rational maintenance processes and procedures; exercising world-class care and judgement in matters of safety, professional conduct, and leadership; and applying a standard of excellence for company resources.
- Daily review of maintenance requests
- Plan work in consultation with Fleet Manager
- Assign mechanics to work orders and maintain an updated schedule in B2W Maintain
- Regular review of permits and registrations; liaison with Transportation Operations
- Daily inspection of Pittsford and Mendon work centers to ensure clean, professional, and safe work environment
- Meet daily with Kenworth for scheduling and repair follow-up; supervise delivery of contract requirements in a timely manner
- Provide daily oversight to work quality by reviewing work orders for accuracy and close work order tickets after work orders are completed
- Responsible for evaluating training and development needs of Maintenance Department staff and coordinating training schedules in consultation with Lead Mechanic
- First point of contact for day-to-day needs and troubleshooting for mechanics, Parts Manager, and Rental/Parts Manager
- Keep Fleet Manager informed of all major repairs, purchases, and major breakdowns
- Ensure proper staffing in consultation with Fleet Manager
- Participate in weekly management meeting with senior management team
- Conduct weekly safety meetings in Mendon and Pittsford
- Set a daily example of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and clear communication and assist mechanics in doing the same
- Set priorities and schedules for welding, fabrication, and hydraulics staff daily
- Approve daily time tracking for service personnel, to include processing and submitting requests for time off
Key Competencies and Desired Experience
- Skilled in managing people according to a set of core values
- Team member who can communicate intentions and support staff in reaching daily performance goals
- Organized and able to execute a plan
- Adaptive to quickly changing conditions and priorities
- Professional attitude and strong sense of respect for self and others
- Experience with equipment management software or fleet management software; experience with B2W Maintain a plus
- Track record of bringing excellent communication skills and responsive communication style
- Skilled with computers; able and willing to learn new programs
- Stress tolerance
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in a maintenance setting in any industry
This position supervisors mechanics and welder/fabricators.
Salary depends on skills and experience. Family-owned and family-friendly, Casella Construction offers full-time employees comprehensive benefit options including health, dental, short term disability, long term disability, AFLAC supplemental insurance, and 401k with company match.
Visit www.casellainc.com/working-here to apply, or submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the anticipated volume of responses, only those candidates who most closely match our requirements will be contacted.
Casella Construction is an is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To learn more, visit www.casellainc.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.casellainc.com.