Website Casella Construction, Inc.
New England’s Leading Heavy Construction Firm
PAYROLL AND BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR
Casella Construction is a leading Northeast civil and heavy highway contractor with a staff of almost 200 multi-disciplinary employees supported by experts in construction, demolition, transportation, aggregate, project management, and safety. We believe the key to continued growth and success is our ability to hire and support the best team in the industry. Motivated to complete challenging projects to the highest standards, our team shares an unwavering commitment to professionalism, integrity, and safety.
We are currently searching for an experienced, well-organized, technology-savvy Payroll and Benefits Administrator at our Mendon, Vermont location. Successful candidates will be driven self-starters and must be outcome-oriented. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
The Payroll and Benefits Administrator is responsible for ensuring smooth and timely administration of payroll processes, remittances, and record-keeping. Accurately issue pay to employees by calculating earnings and deductions in accordance with established practices and guidelines. Administers company 401k plan and employee health and welfare benefit programs including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, and COBRA; ensuring compliance with federal/state regulations and company policies.
- Compile and maintain comprehensive payroll records, and enter payroll data using appropriate software. Review and verify source documents.
- Process weekly payroll by established deadlines, issue statements of earnings and deductions, and investigate and correct payroll discrepancies and errors.
- Prepare and print payroll reports of earnings, hours worked, taxes, insurance, leave.
- Prepare and remit federal, state and local tax payments and garnishments.
- Coordinate weekly benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing. Review benefits changes and deductions for processing including system enrollments, terminations, life events, and update beneficiaries.
- Enroll employees with carriers and process life status changes and ensure the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information. Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators. Resolve administrative problems with carrier representatives. Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes. Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Respond to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
- Assist with new hire orientations and open enrollment process.
- Perform quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Respond to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Distribute all benefits enrollment materials and determine eligibility.
- Review and respond to unemployment claims with appropriate documentation. Review monthly unemployment statements.
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for benefits administration process improvement ensuring compliance with company programs.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
- Ensure distribution of required employee notices.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
- Associates degree and five years of relevant work experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers’ compensation, Medicare, COBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Knowledge of all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA, and ability to effectively interpret FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills, and the ability to work with a wide variety of different individuals.
- Highly organized, capable of effective planning and priority setting.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to troubleshoot systems-related issues.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including PPT, experience with HRIS and benefits databases.
- Must be flexible and adaptive to change.
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Salary depends on skills and experience. Family-owned and family-friendly, Casella Construction offers full-time employees comprehensive benefit options including health, dental, short term disability, long term disability, Aflac supplemental insurance, and 401k with company match.
Visit www.casellainc.com/working-here to apply, or submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the anticipated volume of responses, only those candidates who most closely match our requirements will be contacted. Only local candidates within reasonable commuting distance to our Pittsford, Vermont location will be considered.
Casella Construction is an is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To learn more, visit www.casellainc.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.casellainc.com.