Website Casella Construction, Inc.
New England’s Leading Heavy Construction Firm
Casella Construction is a leading Northeast civil and heavy highway contractor with a staff of almost 200 multi-disciplinary employees supported by experts in construction, demolition, transportation, aggregate, project management, and safety. We believe the key to continued growth and success is our ability to hire and support the best team in the industry. Motivated to complete challenging projects to the highest standards, our team shares an unwavering commitment to professionalism, integrity, and safety.
We are currently searching for a full-time, well-rounded IT Specialist to be based in our Pittsford, Vermont location. The ideal candidate will have real world experience in either a help desk or network administration position, an excellent understanding of Windows workstation and server operating systems, application installation and troubleshooting, Active Directory administration and management, and various cloud technologies (e.g. hosted server, e-mail, PBX/VoIP, etc.). The successful candidate will be a driven self-starter and an outcome-oriented people person. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Build and foster outstanding relationships across the organization
- Provide on-site and remote technical support and training to end-users with various levels of techno-comfort
- Diagnose and resolve workstation, server and network infrastructure, and application issues
- User account management – add/edit/disable accounts, setup new application users, etc.
- Troubleshoot backup, malware, virus, and other technical issues
- Help provision new laptops, desktops, and mobile devices
- Work with application vendors in troubleshooting application issues
- Manage and/or participate in simple to complex projects
- Answer end-user questions and remediate issues
- Document all work and time with detail in provided systems
- 3+ years of experience in a related, customer-facing role
- College or IT trade school degree or related years of experience
- A thorough working knowledge of all Windows client and server OSes
- Thorough understanding of mobile device technologies (iOS and Android)
- Demonstrable experience in the configuration, installation, and maintenance of wired/wireless networks, security, and virtualization platforms
- Experience in the maintenance, setup, and configuration of client systems such as computers, system software, applications, printers, servers, routers, switches, and firewalls
- System migration experience (network, server, and client platforms)
- Willingness and flexibility to work off hours, including some overnight shifts, as well as travel to other business locations in various weather conditions for which a reliable means of personal transportation is necessary
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; organizational skills, both analytical and problem-solving; and the ability to work with data from a wide variety of sources
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel) and modern, browser-based applications
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time indoors and out
- Ability to work from ladders, lifts, and other platforms at height
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Proven Microsoft SQL experience (queries, management, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Experience with MDM
- Experience with APIs, ETL, and other data and application technologies
- Industry certifications from Microsoft, VMware, and other such organizations
- Network and telecom cabling experience
Salary depends on skills and experience. Family-owned and family-friendly, Casella Construction offers full-time employees comprehensive benefit options including health, dental, short term disability, long term disability, Aflac supplemental insurance, and 401k with company match. Visit www.casellainc.com/working-here to apply, or submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, only those candidates who most closely match our requirements will be contacted. Only local candidates within reasonable commuting distance to our Pittsford, Vermont location will be considered.
Casella Construction is an is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To learn more, visit www.casellainc.com.
About Casella Construction Inc.
Casella Construction Inc is a leader among New England construction companies specializing in site development, heavy highway, environmental, demolition, utilities, aggregate, and transportation. Founded in 1987, Casella Construction is family owned and operated. The company has grown consistently and currently has over 100 year-round employees and an additional 50 seasonal employees. We own a large fleet of heavy equipment along with a number of tractors and trailers supporting our transportation division. From the beginning, safety, reliability integrity, predictability, dedication, quality, and innovation are all characteristics that Casella Construction strives to be known for every day.
— Casella Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer —
To apply for this job please visit www.casellainc.com.