Website Casella Construction
New England’s Leading Heavy Construction Firm
The goal of our Foreman-in-Training Internship Program is to give you a strong foundation to become a leader in our industry.
Interns will be assigned an executive mentor, who will provide high-level perspective and coaching throughout the program.
The Foreman-in-Training Program will take you through a
curriculum focused on developing your ability to plan, track, and direct construction work, including:
- Basic training on our operations software, which is used by leaders in the field and by project managers to bid new work.
- Learn how we plan, cost, and track work through on-the-job training on our active projects.
- Apply your training in the active work environment as part of a team.
- Locations vary by project. Summer 2020 internships will
include work at our headquarters in Mendon, VT, experience with utility work, road construction, and mass excavation.
- We typically bid work in Vermont and its surrounding areas in New York and New Hampshire.
- Students will be compensated hourly for their time and will be provided with hotel accommodation and/or mileage reimbursement if required by the job.
Training & mentoring
You will be assigned a supervisor and a peer mentor, who will walk you through the daily work of a construction foreman. You are in the driver’s seat of your own learning, and will do the work of tracking progress and profitability on actual projects.
You will continue to work with your executive mentor throughout the season.
As a Foreman-in-Training, you will be offered paid training in marketable safety credentials such as occupational safety and mining safety, as early as January if accepted to the program.
- You are eligible to apply if you are:
- Enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university
- Able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week of active work outdoors for the duration of the internship program
- Enthusiastic about working in a field-based setting outdoors
- Able to learn sector/project-specific software systems,
including B2W Track and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong in written and verbal communication
- Organized and able to manage your time and take initiative
- Able to take initiative, follow direction, and work with a team
To succeed in this position, you will need a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow. If you are selected as an intern, you will undergo pre-employment drug screening.
Compensation depends on skills and experience. Family-owned and family-friendly, Casella Construction offers full-time employees comprehensive benefit options including health, dental, short term disability, long term disability, supplemental insurance, and 401k with company match.
Visit www.casellainc.com/working-here to apply, or submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Due to the anticipated volume of responses, only those candidates who most closely match our requirements will be contacted.
Casella Construction is an is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To learn more, visit www.casellainc.com.
About Casella Construction Inc.
Casella Construction Inc is a leader among New England construction companies specializing in site development, heavy highway, environmental, demolition, utilities, aggregate, and transportation. Founded in 1987, Casella Construction is family owned and operated. The company has grown consistently and currently has over 100 year-round employees and an additional 50 seasonal employees. We own a large fleet of heavy equipment along with a number of tractors and trailers supporting our transportation division. From the beginning, safety, reliability integrity, predictability, dedication, quality, and innovation are all characteristics that Casella Construction strives to be known for every day.
— Casella Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.—