Website Casella Construction Inc.
We Dig Deep!
The Casella Construction Foreman-in-Training Internship Program provides additional structure and training beyond our basic internships. The goal of the Foreman-in-Training program is to give you the foundation to become a leader in our industry.
Interns enrolled in this program as assigned an executive mentor on our senior leadership team who will provide high-level perspective and coaching throughout the program.
The Foreman-in-Training is a dynamic, technical training program that will take you through a curriculum focused on developing your ability to plan, track, and direct construction work. You will work with a cohort of fellow interns in a rotation through key business areas:
Weeks 1 – 3
- Introduction to our operations software.
Weeks 4 – 12
- Learn how we plan, cost, and track work through on-the-job training on our active projects.
- Apply your training on a job site. In this phase, you will spend time on all major active projects in Construction.
- At each job site, you will be assigned a supervisor and peer mentor, who will walk you through the daily work of a construction foreman. In this phase, you are in the driver’s seat and will be doing the work of tracking progress and profitability on actual projects.
- You will continue to work with your executive mentor throughout the season.
- As a Foreman-in-Training, you will be offered paid training in marketable safety credentials such as occupational safety and mining safety. You will learn alongside our team throughout winter and early spring so that you can start building competence and connections early.
- You must be enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university.
- You must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week for the duration of the internship program.
- Interns enrolled in the Foreman-in-Training Program or working in the Safety or Maintenance department must be comfortable working in a field-based setting outdoors.
- You must be able to learn sector/project-specific software systems including but not limited to: B2W Track and Microsoft Office Suite (ex. Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- You must possess strong organizational and time management skills, a positive attitude, ability to follow direction, take initiative, and display a desire to learn and work as a member of a team.
- You must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- If you are selected as an intern, you will undergo pre-employment drug screening.
Casella Construction, Inc. is a civil site contractor based in Mendon, Vermont. Average project size ranges from $1M to $5M in value. Our largest current project is a $20M road reconstruction project in Brandon, VT. Typical projects involve public and private construction and include heavy highway construction, building site work, and water and sewer line construction. We work in Vermont, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and upstate New York. We continually reinvest in the company to provide the best equipment and training for the job. We utilize the latest technology to help make our jobs more efficient.
Construction Intern Compensation & Assignments
Locations vary by project
Casella Construction typically bids work in Vermont and its surrounding areas in New York and New Hampshire. Students will be compensated hourly for their time and will be provided mileage reimbursements and hotel accommodation if the job site is outside their place of residency. Summer 2019 internships will include work at our headquarters in Mendon, VT, experience with utility work, and exposure to a complex road reconstruction in Brandon, VT.
After the Internship
Summer interns who join us between semesters have the option to request an additional one to five weeks extension to deepen their skill set. Summer interns are also eligible for early interviews for summer 2020.
Career-track interns who join our team after graduation have the option to apply for a permanent position with the company upon completing the formal internship training period (10-12 weeks). Graduates of the Foreman-in-Training summer internship will also be invited to apply for technical and leadership training in the winter.
— Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. —
— Casella Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. —
To apply for any of these positions, send your resume and an email explaining your career goals and what you love about working outside to Sara.Gilbert@CasellaInc.com.
To apply for this job email your details to Sara.Gilbert@CasellaInc.com