Website Casella Construction
New England’s Leading Heavy Construction Firm
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Casella Construction was built on solid ground over 30 years ago and is still growing at a strong pace. Today, we’re looking to add a well-qualified mechanic to our staff to keep our equipment in optimal condition. If you’ve got the skills, we’d like to talk.
We need a self-motivated, qualified, heavy duty technician. A complete understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems for heavy duty equipment is necessary. Welding and fabrication skills are preferred. Candidate will possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, always be safety-conscious and travel to job sites when necessary.
Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of the following — with some assistance.
- Engines (gas and diesel)
- Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO’s and wheel ends
- Electrical systems including starters and alternators
- HVAC systems, Steering systems
- Electronics to include ECM’s, ECU’s, sensors etc.
- Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system etc.
- Brake systems including ABS, Suspension systems (spring and air)
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Required experience: 2 years Heavy Duty Mechanics
- Must be able to pass drug test
- Must have reliable transportation to job site
- Ability to implement safe work practices
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- A valid drivers license is required
Current CDL with air brake certification preferred, or willingness to acquire CDL if you do not have one.
CDL Class A or B is preferred, but not required.
Vocational/Technical or certification preferred.
- Competitive wages
- Health care/Dental
- Paid vacation and holidays
To apply online, click on the button below , or
About Casella Construction Inc.
Casella Construction Inc is a leader among New England construction companies specializing in site development, heavy highway, environmental, demolition, utilities, aggregate, and transportation. Founded in 1987, Casella Construction is family owned and operated. The company has grown consistently and currently has over 100 year-round employees and an additional 50 seasonal employees. We own a large fleet of heavy equipment along with a number of tractors and trailers supporting our transportation division. From the beginning, safety, reliability integrity, predictability, dedication, quality, and innovation are all characteristics that Casella Construction strives to be known for every day.
— Casella Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.—